The New Business Specialist will provide support for our sales representatives, including but not limited to timely communications, assistance with outstanding underwriting requirements and overall great customer service. This individual will maintain primary ownership of cases, input data during the new business and underwriting process, which requires engaging in frequent communication and coordination between life insurance producers, medical vendors, and internal resources.
The preferred candidate must possess or be willing to attain a strong knowledge of the life insurance process and be able to troubleshoot situations if a case is not flowing through the system in a timely manner, as well as providing a world class customer service experience throughout the process.
Essential Job Functions
In addition to data entry, responsibilities include:
- Orders and reviews underwriting requirements
- Conducts regular follow-up on all outstanding underwriting requirements ensuring documents are completed correctly
- Organizes and prioritizes workload to ensure cases are placed in a timely manner
- Maintains frequent communication to effectively manage expectations
- Maintains internal processing database to document work activity and communication on all assigned cases
- Acts as a conduit for all issues associated with a case to include coordination with all departments
- Maintains responsibility for reviewing issued insurance policy for accuracy before mailing
- Follows up on policy delivery requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of the life insurance process (permanent and term products) preferred.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot situations in order to ensure cases are flowing through the system in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external clients.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Effective utilization of listening skills.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively, using proper grammar.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment while multi-tasking, and focusing on critical path deliverables.
- In order to successfully perform the essential requirements of the job, one must possess the following computer and program skills: proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Four-year college degree in business or a related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 2+ years of customer service experience.
- 1-2 years of life insurance experience preferred.
- LOMA coursework, CLU a plus.
- Polish language a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00/hour
Send inquiries and resumes to: email@example.com