Vacancies exist for the office of National Director in Districts 1, 3, and 10.
Members are hereby informed that applications to fill these vacancies are now being accepted. The applicant must be an active member of the PRCUA, in good standing for at least five years, and a resident of the specified District.
- District #1 includes Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
- District #3 encompasses Pennsylvania.
- District #10 encompasses Michigan.
The applicants for these vacancies will be reviewed at the quarterly meeting of the Board of Directors scheduled for May 21-22, 2021.
Applications can be obtained from the office of PRCUA Secretary-Treasurer Agnieszka Bastrzyk:
email@example.com or 773-782-2604 (1-800-772-8632 ext. 2604).
Completed application, together with a photo, must be received no later than May 1, 2021, either by email
firstname.lastname@example.org or by registered or certified mail to:
Secretary-Treasurer Agnieszka J. Bastrzyk
984 N. Milwaukee Avenue
Chicago, IL 60642-4101
According to the PRCUA Constitution and By-Laws:
- All elected Officers and Directors may hold office for three (3) consecutive full four-year terms, but after expiration of such terms, they may seek another office.
- No Officer or Director of the Union may hold more than one office in the Union; however, any Officer or Director may not serve on any special Committee of the Union except Committees of the Board of Directors.
- No spouse, parents, children or siblings of an Officer or Director shall be salaried employees of the Union in its offices.
- Duties and responsibilities of the Directors include:
- participation in all Board Sessions of the Board of Directors
- supervising the locations of funds of the Union
- approving the bond of the President and all other Officials of whom a bond is required
- examining and approving all reports and official actions of the respective Officers and are responsible for the safety, development of, and order of the Union
- upon the advice and written recommendation of the Union’s actuaries, may make an equitable distribution of surplus by the payment of dividends
- being bound to operate within the budget, as approved by the Convention
- conducting annual self-assessments
In addition to the official duties of a Director of the Polish Roman Catholic Union of America as outlined above, the Director is encouraged to:
- Support membership in the PRCUA by encouraging individuals to become members of the PRCUA through its life insurance and annuity programs;
- Solicit and encourage individuals to represent the PRCUA as licensed sales agents by joining the Sales Department of the PRCUA;
- Initiate, cooperate and participate in the activities of their district as it relates to the fraternal goals and mission of the PRCUA.